There are a couple ways to add non-English phrases to your dictionary. You can edit default phrases or create new custom phrases.
Edit a default phrase:
- Click on the Dictionary tab and then the blue button in the top left hand corner to access your scenarios.
- Click any scenario where you would like to translate a phrase.
- Tap a phrase in the dictionary (Note: select a phrase that has not been trained yet).
- Tap "Edit".
- Change the text in both boxes to your language of choice.
- Tap "Listen" to make sure the pronunciation of your phrase is correct. If the accent is wrong, make sure you've selected an appropriate voice.
- Tap "Save" and make sure to train the phrase to recognize your unique pronunciation. Watch this video to learn!
Create a custom phrase:
Click on the Dictionary tab and then tap "Conversation" at the top to access your conversation scenarios.
Click any scenario, except Introduction (Free). This specific scenario doesn't allow you to add a custom phrase.
To add a new phrase, click the blue plus sign on the bottom right hand corner.
- Type what you would like to say and what you would like Voiceitt to repeat out loud.
Next, click the “Listen” button. Voiceitt will repeat the phrase back to you - confirm the pronunciation of the phrase is correct. If the accent is wrong, make sure you've selected an appropriate voice.
Once you have listened to the phrase, click done and teach Voiceitt your pronunciation by training the phrase. Watch this video to learn!
Don’t forget to change the language of the output voice! Need help? Check out our article on changing your output voice.