You can use Voiceitt Smart Home handsfree by setting up your wake word "Alexa."
Steps to set up wake word:
- Click the Dictionary tab and then click the blue button in the top left hand corner to access your scenarios.
- Switch the toggle to Smart Home, if you're not there already.
- Click on the "Wake Word" scenario.
- Tap the word "Alexa" and you will be directed to teach Voiceitt your pronunciation of the word "Alexa."
- Tip: It doesn't matter how you pronounce the word "Alexa", only that your pronunciation is consistent! Feel free to pronounce "Alexa" however feels best for you.
- Continue training the word "Alexa" until it is unlocked. It should take around 30 repetitions to unlock. To learn the steps to train a word, watch this video here!
Steps to using wake word:
- Wake word only works in Smart Home mode. Click the Speak tab and slide the toggle to "Recognizing Smart Home Commands."
- Say "Alexa" and wait for a short beep. If you do not hear a beep, repeat "Alexa" again.
- After the beep, say the rest of your command, for example, "Turn on the light."
- Voiceitt will send your command to Alexa - all without using your hands!